expo 67 lounge

Mid-century fashion, vintage pop culture and retro cool... from Expo 67 and beyond.

14 January 2007

50's Family Portrait

The young boy is my dad, with my grandparents, and my aunt:

My aunt was the picture of grace and poise. Her dress was peacock blue...

The backs of the photographs are both stamped:

"Bernstein Studio
3603 St. Lawrence Blvd.
Montreal"

On both photos, the year "1953" is inscribed as well, in blue ink.
I presume this to be my granfather's handwriting...

images: personal collection

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger stinkypaw said...

Such class!

5:27 pm  
Blogger Jason Stockl said...

I love the understated elegance in these photos.

Having a family portrait done was a special event in those days...

6:05 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What makes these photos so special is when you know or have known all of the people in them. How they've changed and the essence captured of a era gone by. Simply awesome, and I really miss Oma & Ota too....Auntie Mousse,xoxox

8:58 pm  
Blogger Jason Stockl said...

So do I...

9:26 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe your Auntie summed it up. I have so many pictures of people that were not labeled and now there is no one to ask who they are, or the people who are left forget. :(

Thank you for sharing these photos.

Chas

11:48 pm  
Blogger mod*mom said...

such a strong resemblance between your grandma+aunt, grandpa+dad!

oh jason!!!!
thank you soooooo much for the picture graphic you made for me + posted on my myspace!!!!
you are sooooo sweet!
i love it!
it looks just like i wish i look!

2:54 am  
Blogger Jason Stockl said...

You are welcome, mod*mom!

When I found that illustration, I thought of you...

7:52 am  

Post a Comment

Home

← Older Posts

Newer Posts →