expo 67 lounge

Mid-century fashion, vintage pop culture and retro cool... from Expo 67 and beyond.

16 November 2008

U.S. Hostess Raincoat and Handbag

As a collector of Expo 67 paraphernalia, I've always dreamt of actually owning something that a hostess wore.

Well... dreams do come true!

I regularly peruse eBay's Expo 67 auctions. A few weeks ago, I noticed the official raincoat and handbag worn by U.S. pavilion hostesses up for auction.

I watched that auction day in and day out. I was prepared to bid whatever it would take to get this ultra-rare item...

Lucky for me, it only took $33.00 (U.S.)!

The coat's label tells us it was made by Travelcoats by Naman.

The label inside the handbag identifies it as an Expo 67 artifact.

A hostess in her raincoat.



images: (1, 2, 3) author's own
(4) images: www.canada.com/montrealgazette

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a steal! Have you tried it on?

6:45 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a rare find and for a good price.I own a 24" by 48" flag of Man and his world,i don't know if it's very rare.I pass over a chair supposingly from a Man and his world pavillion in a yard sale 10 years ago.(a big white fiberglass cube for 5$)Shame on me.

7:57 pm  
Blogger Jason Stockl said...

Tried it on? No. But Maxine will be modeling it, shortly!

8:02 pm  

Post a Comment

Home

← Older Posts

Newer Posts →